Skip to content
- 250g bacon diced
4 cloves garlic crushed
3 large eggs
¾ cup grated Parmesan
½ ground pepper
Salt to taste
- Fry bacon in a pan over medium-low heat until brown and crispy.
- Remove the cooked bacon from the skillet, then turn the heat down to low.
- Add the garlic to the warm skillet, and sauté until fragrant and softened, then turn off the heat
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and a generous dose of pepper.
- Cook pasta +/- about 10 minutes until al dente, drain and reserve one cup of the starchy pasta cooking water
- Add 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to the skillet that was used to cook the bacon.
- Add the steaming hot drained pasta to the skillet and toss in the bacon in the skillet.
- Pour the egg and Parmesan mixture over the hot pasta and immediately begin to stir or toss the pasta.
- Continue to stir the hot pasta in the egg mixture until a creamy sauce forms.
- Add the remaining Parmesan, a little more freshly cracked pepper, and the reserved bacon bits, and toss again.
- If the pasta becomes too thick or dry, add a splash more of the reserved pasta water.
- Finally, taste the pasta and adjust the salt, Parmesan, or pepper if needed