Skip to content
- 60g Margarine
- 200ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 60ml tomato jam
- 10ml bicarb of soda
- 250ml milk
- 500ml cake flour
- pinch salt
- 30ml white vinegar
- 250ml cream
- 100ml brandy
- 100g margarine
- 100g sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1tbs strong instant coffee dissolve in 1tsp water
- 1tbs brandy
- Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in eggs and beat until light yellow
- Add in tomato jam
- Mix bicarb in milk and add vinegar
- Sift in flour and salt and mix well
- Scoop mixture out into a 30x20cm oven dish
- Bake for 45min
- When done, remove pudding from oven and poke holes all over the pudding with a skewer
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil stirring continuously.
- When melted, pour hot sauce slowly over pudding making sure that the sauce seeps into the holes.
- If needed poke more holes into pudding, making sure that the sides and middle of pudding gets soaked with sauce.
- Leave pudding to cool.
- Dissolve coffee in 1tsp of water.
- Beat cream until thick.
- Fold in dissolved coffee and brandy until well mixed through.
- Serve on side of cooled Malva Pudding