- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 5 tbsp oil
- 250ml milk
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add milk, oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Mix until smooth, then add syrup.
- On a medium heat, using a non-stick pan, scoop spoonfuls of batter and drop it into the pan.
- Cook crumpets half way until bubbles appear, then flip them over and cook other side through.
Serve with syrup, butter, jam, honey or cream with a selection of berries.
*For a little more flair, drop batter into heart shape cookie cutters.