300g Russians – Sliced
1 Onion – Halved, Thinly Sliced
250g Mushrooms – Sliced
1 Green Pepper – Finely Chopped
400g Bottle Monteverde Basil Pasta Sauce
410g Can Chopped Peeled Tomatoes
200g Monteverde Penne Pasta (Or Any Small Pasta)
2 Tbsp dried Oregano or Italian Herbs
150g Cheddar Cheese – Grated
150g Mozzarella Cheese – Grated
CHECKERS SHOPPING LIST:
Eskort Traditional Spicy Smoked Russians 500g – R55
Punnet white mushrooms – R 25
Green Pepper – R13
Monteverde Basil Pasta Sauce 400g – R27
Rhodes Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes 410g – R 18
Monteverde Penne Rigate Pasta 500g – R20
230g Parmalat cheddar cheese block – R45
250g Lancewood Mozzarella Cheese Ball – R50
TOTAL SHOPPING: R253.00
1. Reserve ¼ of sliced Russians.
2. In a large pan, heat the oil and add onion, mushroom, green pepper and Russian slices. Then fry on low heat until the vegetables start to brown.
3. Add pasta sauce and 1 tbsp oregano to the vegetables and let simmer.
4. Cook pasta according to package instructions then drain, keeping ½ a cup of pasta water
5. Stir in pasta water into the pasta sauce, then add the cooked pasta and toss lightly to evenly coat pasta with sauce.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Preheat grill on high.
8. Pour pasta mix into an oven proof dish and top with left over Russian slices and cheese
9. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp oregano
10. Grill pasta mix until cheese melts and is golden then Serve and Enjoy!
What better way to cook this meal than on a Zero Appliances 5 Burner Stainless steel Full Gas Stove?
This 90cm beauty features 5 Gas Burners with a large middle burner, grill function in a 140L gas oven, and has battery-operated ignition (2 D-Cell batteries, available at any retail outlet).
Battery operation is beneficial so that when the electricity goes out, you’ll still ignite and use the stove without needing to use a lighter. This stove has FFD, and can be either freestanding or installed.
The Zero Appliances 5 Burner Stainless Steel LP Gas Stove with Grill & Battery Ignition & FFD on All Functions is available to purchase on the link below.