Makes 2 Cakes
- 400g Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 tbs instant coffee granules
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tin evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tin caramel treat
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coffee powder to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add tin milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together slowly until well combined.
- Carefully stir in the hot water.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Cream the caramel treat, and spread half onto the one cake.
- Chop the peanut butter cups into quarters, and spread half the peanut butter pieces evenly on top of the caramel treat.
- Take the other cake and place on top, and repeat the process of spreading the caramel treat and topping with the peanut butter cups.
- Take the caramel treat and cream it. Spread half of the creamed caramel treat onto one cake layer.
- Take half of the peanut butter cups and evenly distribute on top of the caramel treat layer.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the first one and repeat the process of spreading the caramel treat and topping it with the remaining peanut butter cups.